Dementia and associated behavioral problems
Dementia is not one particular disease but a group of diseases. These diseases affect our memory, thinking capacity, and also social abilities. These diseases interfere with our daily life severely and become a hindrance. If you only suffer from memory loss, it’s not dementia, as memory loss has many reasons. A prevalent cause of dementia is Alzheimer’s disease. According to Dr. Anirban Gozi, a psychiatrist doctor for dementia in North Kolkata, all the disorders leading to dementia need to be diagnosed and treated as the earliest.
- Memory loss- usually close ones notice it
- Difficulty finding words to communicate
- Difficulty problem-solving
- Difficulty with spatial and visual abilities
- Facing problem in handling complex errands
- Facing problem in planning and organizing things
- Confusion and disorientation
- Change in personality
- Inappropriate behaviour
If you find any of these dementia symptoms, don’t neglect and make an appointment with Dr. Anirban Gozi. There can be many causes behind dementia, but early detection and treatment for dementia can decrease its severity and counselling help you get back to everyday life.
If the blood flow to your brain gets interrupted, a stroke may occur. A stroke blocks an artery of your brain, and as a result, you may develop vascular dementia. Initially, the stroke may be treated and cured, but this may increase the risk of having vascular dementia. If the stroke affects your thinking and reasoning, this vascular dementia takes place, says Dr. Anirban Gozi best dementia therapist in North Kolkata.
Symptoms are most clear-cut if they occur after a stroke. The symptoms may include:
- Depression or apathy
- Difficulty being attentive
- Trouble concentrating
- Unable to organize thoughts and actions properly
- Difficulty in making a decision
- Restlessness and agitation
- A problem in memorizing things
- Frequent urination or urge that can not be controlled
- Unsteady gait
- Inability to analyze
All these symptoms indicate serious mental conditions and seek immediate psychiatric consultation dementia treatment.
Parkinsonism with behavioral symptoms:
A progressive neurological disorder named Parkinson’s disease mainly damages the central nervous system of a person. This condition is mainly found in older adults. Cognitive abnormalities and behavioral changes are prominent in Parkinson’s disease. When symptoms occur, do not wait and get medical help from a well-known dementia doctor in North Kolkata, Dr. Anirban Gozi.
- Paranoid ideas
- Mood swings
- Loss of interest
- Sleep disturbance
- Lack of concentrating power
- Increased anxiety
These are behavioral symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, and these must not be ignored. Counselling can help cope with this disease. Contact Dr Anirban Gozi, best Psychiatrist in North Kolkata for proper treatment of any psychological diseases.
There are many risk factors that eventually contribute to dementia. Some of those factors can be changed or can be worked on to prevent the symptoms. Unfortunately, some are fixed and cannot be changed anyway.
Risk factors you cannot change:
- Age: In the case of dementia, age isn’t just a number; it increases one’s risk of getting affected by dementia. In most cases, people aged 65 or more have a high risk of having dementia.
- Family history: None can change family history. If anyone who shares a blood relation with you was a patient of dementia, you are prone to dementia. Tests are there to determine if you have genetic mutations.
- Down syndrome: It is also a big risk factor.
Risk factors that you can change:
- Heavy alcohol consumption
- Sleep apnea
- Deficiency of nutrition and vitamin
All these factors have a certain remedy and can be easily worked on, says the best psychiatrist in Newtown. Having dementia or Alzheimer’s disease does not mean that you lose all hope. It can be decreased with time, and you can lead a normal life like before, but yes, the treatment procedure takes time. You need to bear with it and obey your doctor.