Epilepsy and Dissociative disorders
A central nervous system disorder (neurological) named epilepsy affects our brain activity and makes it behave abnormally. It causes seizures of unusual behaviour and sensation. This also leads to a loss of awareness at times. Epilepsy can affect anyone irrespective of gender, race, or age.
A person with epileptic seizure disorder may stare blankly for some seconds during a period. Some rapidly twist and turn their hands and legs during a seizure.
According to one of the top psychiatrists, the symptoms of epilepsy disorder includes:
- A stair spell
- Temporary confusion
- Jerking movements of legs and hands that can’ be controlled
- Loss of consciousness
- Loss of awareness
- Psychic symptom like déjà vu
If you observe these symptoms, kindly do not ignore them and visit Dr. Anirban Gozi, top epilepsy specialist in kolkata.
Mental disorders that make people experience a disconnection between imagination and reality are called dissociative disorders. People with dissociative disorders face a lack of continuity between memories, thoughts, actions, surroundings, and identity. These patients tend to escape reality in involuntary and unhealthy ways, and these cause problems in daily activities. The usual cause of developing dissociative disorders is trauma. Dr. Anirban Gozi says when the stress level is high, the symptoms get worse.
- Amnesia or memory loss of certain periods or events, people, or personal information
- A blurred sense of identity
- A feeling of detachment from oneself and emotions
- Perception of things and people- unreal or distorted
- Stress- personal and professional
- Inability to cope with stress
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
All these symptoms indicate serious mental conditions that should not be ignored, and those certainly need medical help. Consult today for epilepsy treatment in Kolkata.