Schizophrenia and Psychosis treatment
Having symptoms of schizophrenia? The best Schizophrenia doctor is there to help. Dr. Anirban Gozi is also famous for providing the best psychosis treatment.
The mental condition in which people start to interpret reality in an abnormal way is called schizophrenia. This mental disease seeks almost lifelong treatment as it brings delusions, hallucinations, and also extreme disordered behaviour and thinking. As a result, the patient’s daily functions get hampered and can be disabling also. Early detection and treatment may help one get his/ her symptoms under control, says Dr. Anirban Gozi, who provides the best schizophrenia treatment in Kolkata.
Schizophrenia mainly affects one’s cognition, emotions, and behaviour.
Symptoms may include:
- Delusions: Delusion is a common symptom of schizophrenia. You may have false beliefs which in reality, do not exist. For example, you may think that somebody is harming you or certain comments are directed at you, but those are not true.
- Hallucinations: When you hallucinate, you see and hear things that, in reality, do not exist. But for a person with schizophrenia, it is real, and he/ she experiences these with full force. In most cases, people who hallucinate can hear a voice.
- Disorganized speech and thinking: Patients with schizophrenia have disorganized thinking, and as a result, their speech seems to be unrelatable. Their answers can’t be understood in most cases because of their choice of words, and also, those are not relatable.
- Disorganized and abnormal motor behaviour: Patients of schizophrenia may have childlike silliness or unpredictable agitation that is tough to control. They face difficulty focusing on a task and taking instructions. Lack of response and excessive and useless movements can be observed in them.
- Negative symptoms: The person loses the ability to function normally. He/ she may neglect personal hygiene, do not make eye contact while talking, do not change facial expressions, and speaks in a monotone. He/she may lose interest in day-to-day life and activities.
Dr. Anirban Gozi is considered one of the best in providing best treatment for schizophrenia in North Kolkata.
Other psychotic disorder:
Like schizophrenia, there are some more psychotic disorders that directly affect our minds. It becomes hard for a psychotic patient to think clearly, make good decisions, respond emotionally, understand reality, communicate effectively, and behave properly.
- Incoherent speech
- Unclear and confused thinking
- Strange and at times dangerous behaviour
- Unusual or slowed movements
- Loss of interest in activities
- Not maintaining personal hygiene
- Problems in a relationship or at work
- The inability of expressing emotions
- Mood swings
These symptoms indicate serious mental conditions that demand medical help. Visit Dr. Anirban Gozi for Specialized therapy for Schozophernia and Pscychosis.
The mental condition that affects one’s mind to lose touch with the real world is called psychosis. Psychosis pushes one’s mind to create his/ her own realm that is filled with delusions and hallucinations. A psychosis patient starts to believe in something that does not exist. He/she senses differently and perceives voices. A person with psychosis tends to hurt or harm himself/herself in certain cases. There are many causes behind psychosis, such as mental or physical illness, trauma, extreme stress, or substance abuse, says Dr. Anirban Gozi, a psychosis treatment doctor based in Kolkata.
When do you need to see a Specialist for psychosis treatment in Kolkata?
- You may observe disorganized behaviour. You keep rushing for unimportant things. You do not stick to the work until it finishes but jump into another. Even the simplest action seems tough to you when you suffer from psychosis.
- You may frequently have suicidal thoughts while walking on the street or overthinking about what’s happening around you.
- Unreal thoughts make you afraid, and as a result, you get depressed. Your stress levels increase.
- You may have difficulty expressing your thoughts clearly. You may suffer from a speech issue. You think of something, try to say something, and end up saying something totally different.
- You may face short-term memory loss, and you may forget about the previous day or month.
- You may become hyperactive and try to do things quickly.
These symptoms should not be ignored. So, visit Dr. Anirban Gozi for best treatment and medication for psychosis and schizophrenia in Kolkata