Sleep is an essential function that allows your mind and body to rest. This helps you recharge yourself and wake up fresh the following day. An adult needs a good and sound sleep of at least 7 to 8 hours at night. A night of sound sleep is mandatory for your body to remain healthy and keep away from diseases.
When you do not get proper sleep or it becomes difficult for you to sleep in peace, you may have insomnia, says Dr. Anirban Gozi, a well-known sleep therapist in North Kolkata. The presence of insomnia makes it hard for you to fall asleep or to stay asleep. Even if you manage to sleep, you wake up early or suffer from interrupted sleep and it also becomes difficult to go back to sleep once you are awake. As a result, you feel sleepy throughout the day and can’t concentrate on work. Your energy level goes down; insomnia affects your health and mood too.
Some adults suffer from acute (short-term) insomnia that lasts for a few days or weeks, whereas some adults experience chronic (long-term) insomnia that makes them suffer for months or more.
A list of the symptoms caused by insomnia has been given by Dr. Anirban Gozi, best known for insomnia treatment in north Kolkata. Those are as follows:
- Facing problem to sleep at night.
- Interrupted sleep makes you wake up more than once at night.
- Feeling sleepy and tired throughout the day.
- Depression and anxiety may occur.
- Feeling irritated about almost everything.
- Lack of energy to work.
- You may find it difficult to concentrate, pay attention and focus.
- It also affects your power to remember things.
- Errors in work may increase.
- A constant worry about sleep may be there.
Insomnia makes you feel lethargic all day long and as a result, you don’t feel like working and doing your everyday activities. If you face any of the signs mentioned above, visit Dr. Anirban Gozi and take help.
- Stress-related to work, health, family or financial issues may keep your mind active even if you want to sleep at night. As a result, you suffer from insomnia.
- Work schedule may also hamper your sleep. Traveling to some other country that has a different time zone may affect your sleep too.
- Poor sleep habits such as irregular sleeping time, naps, eating late at night, watching the TV or keeping your eyes on the mobile screen during bedtime may affect your sleeping schedule and pattern. This may lead to insomnia, says the best sleep therapist in Newtown.
- Caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, few medications or some mental health disorder may also contribute to your insomnia.
If you face these types of issues related to your sleep, visit Dr. Anirban Gozi in Kolkata and he will provide you with insomnia remedies. His outstanding sessions of counselling and a few medications, along with some lifestyle changes, will help you lead a normal life like before. According to the best doctor for insomnia treatment in Newtown, lifestyle changes like staying active, consistency of your bedtime, avoiding caffeine, alcohol, nicotine and regular counselling can bring back your normal sleeping habit.